Welcome to our First Annual Junior Program Windup Tournament This 9 hole event will be played on the front nine at Riverview Golf Club and is designed to enable our junior program members to play a fun event utilizing the skills they have learned over the course of the summer. Parents and instructors will also be playing which should help to keep the pace as not to hold up golfers that will be following the tournament.
Instructors: Lauren Koenig, Brady Deboice, Mark Koenig, Tyler Sadler, Mike Sherven, Doug Braithwaite, Dana and Monica Rieder, and Todd Read
Tournament and Program Sponsors: Medicine Hat Lions, Cancarb, Ruckers, Tutti Frutti, Who’s Your Caddy, Margaret Blades, Sharon Kirvan
Rules: This event will be played using the scramble format:
1. Each golfer on a team hits a drive.
2. The best shot is selected and the other golfers on the team pick up their golf balls and move them to that location. The second strokes are played from the determined location, and the process repeats: Select the best ball, move the other balls to that spot and play the third strokes. And so on, until the ball is holed for one team score.
3. All players will play from the Junior Tees (White markers with holes in them) located in the middle of the fairway on the front nine to make the holes shorter.
* Please remember to fill any divots made on the fairway and teeing area, as well as ball marks on the green.
* The pace of play is important as there will be golfers following the tournament, therefore please ensure your group keeps up with the group immediately in front of you at all times.
* Do not spend more than 3 minutes looking for balls as we will provide replacements after the round if needed.
* Safety is critically important, please ensure it is safe to swing your club BEFORE you take your shot.
* HAVE FUN.
* Turn in your scorecards after your round.
Hot Dogs, Fries, and a fountain pop will be available free of charge to our junior golfers before their round from 12:00 PM to 1:15 PM.Start time is 2:00 PM sharp, please be at the club early so you have time to get to your starting hole.